San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys, Estey & Bomberger
The law firm of Estey & Bomberger, LLP exclusively practices personal injury law – it’s the only type of law we’ve ever practiced. It’s our specialty. Our well-established San Diego personal injury lawyers have helped thousands of clients obtain justice after a tragic accident or devastating loss. Our aggressive accident attorneys have the knowledge, expertise, and tenacity to win your personal injury case. We’re very good at what we do.
Estey & Bomberger, LLP can determine whether you have a personal injury claim. To begin, please tell us what type of accident caused your injuries.
Tell Us What Kind of Accident You or a Loved One Had:
Or, get to know more about our firm and how we can help you:
National Reputation for Excellence
Even though we handle cases in California, our work has been featured in both local and national media, including CNN, the CBS Evening News, the Associated Press, Fox News, Univision, Reuters, the Los Angeles Times, and the San Diego Union Tribune. The law firm of Estey & Bomberger, LLP has also received national recognition for top ethical standards and legal ability from the legal profession’s most prestigious rating service.
No Fees Unless We Win
We know our clients want to concentrate on a healthy recovery, not on paying attorney fees. So we accept our cases on a contingency fee basis. You never pay anything unless – and until – we recover money on your behalf. There are no fees to begin your case and we are only paid if we win your case. You can always have confidence that your attorneys are doing everything they can to maximize your compensation. We get paid when you get paid.
Start Your Recovery Today
The attorneys at Estey & Bomberger specialize in helping victims of serious injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, and even wrongful deaths. To schedule your free case review, call (619) 873-4498, or fill out a free case review on this site and a member of our staff will contact you shortly. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss your case. An attorney can meet you at your home, hospital or any convenient location.
Estey & Bomberger Can Help
A serious accident can be a devastating, life-altering event. If you were injured in an accident, you should contact a law firm that specializes in personal injury law to discuss your rights. The right attorney can help you get the medical care you need, negotiate with your insurance company, and seek damages from the parties responsible for your injuries. The San Diego personal injury lawyers at Estey & Bomberger have decades of experience handling personal injury cases.
According to the CDC, more than 29,000,000 injuries caused by accidents occur in the United States. Serious injuries happen in San Diego every day, leaving San Diego accident victims with medical debt and causing them to miss work. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in any type of accident, contact a compassionate lawyer right away. To speak with a San Diego accident attorney, call Estey & Bomberger at 1 (800) 925-0723.
Understanding Personal Injury Law
A personal injury lawsuit is a lawsuit filed against a person or party responsible for your injuries. For example, if you were injured in a car accident, you can file a lawsuit against the other driver who caused the accident. If you were injured at a grocery store in a slip-and-fall accident, you can file a lawsuit against the grocery store.
Personal injury lawsuits are civil lawsuits, which means that they are heard by a judge or jury in a civil court. Typically, personal injury lawsuits are based in tort law. A tort is a civil wrong that entitles a victim to receive money damages. There are many different kinds of torts, including negligence, assault, battery, and false imprisonment.
Negligence and Personal Injury Suits
The law holds people, companies, and government entities responsible for their negligence. Negligence is broadly defined as a failure to act reasonably toward someone to whom a duty of care is owed. For example, a physician has a duty to exercise a high standard of care to all of his or her patients. A land owner has a duty to keep his premises safe for visitors.
In a case that includes a claim for negligence, a court that rules in favor of the victim (or “plaintiff”) will award him or her damages to compensate for injuries and other losses. A plaintiff who wins a negligence case may be able to recover the costs of his or her past medical bills and ongoing medical treatment, compensation for missed work, and damages for pain and suffering.
What to Do After an Accident
It’s important to understand your options following a car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, workplace accident, or slip-and-fall accident. If you have been involved in an accident, take these steps to guarantee your safety and protect your rights:
- GET TO SAFETY. If you have been involved in a car accident, motorcycle accident, or truck accident, get to safety as quickly as possible. The busy streets and highways in San Diego can create additional hazards for accident victims. Do not attempt to move your vehicle out of traffic without assistance. Use your best judgment. If it would be safer to wait until emergency responders to arrive, remain in place.
- CALL THE POLICE. After an accident of any kind, call 911 right away. The San Diego Police Department will dispatch emergency responders to the scene of the accident. If you or anyone else involved in the accident requires medical assistance, be sure to let the 911 dispatcher know. An ambulance will be sent to the scene, and paramedics will be available to treat your injuries. If your injuries are serious, you may need to be transported to a San Diego hospital.
- GATHER INFORMATION. If you are able to, gather as much information as possible at the scene of the accident. Take down the names and contact information of any witnesses. Ask them to write down a statement about what they saw happened. If you have a camera available, take pictures of the accident scene. Write down the time the accident occurred and note any other important information.
- SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT. If you were injured, seek medical treatment promptly. Certain types of injuries get worse if not treated immediately.
- CONTACT AN ATTORNEY. After an accident, you should contact a lawyer to discuss your rights. Do not speak directly with insurance company representatives. Insurance company representatives may use your statements against you, and will try to settle your case for as little money as possible. An attorney can help you understand whether filing a lawsuit is the right decision for you.
Estey & Bomberger: Compassionate Personal Injury Lawyers
To speak with a San Diego personal injury lawyer, call Estey & Bomberger today at 1 (800) 925-0723. Our experienced attorneys can help you today.